Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Leap Year Babies!

Hi Mrs. B.

I was baking again and I just want to share:



This is what happens when you don't have the right pan for the job, I suppose. What should have been one cake came out as two and rather than layer it, I decided to give something a try: a peanut butter pound cake, frosted two ways.



The first is a peanut butter frosting:
Mmmm.... cake.....

The second is a chocolate ganache:
And no, the cake is not a lie....
We polished off the peanut butter frosted peanut butter cake on my birthday this week; we just frosted the second with the chocolate ganache tonight.

Also, I think Pac-Man here may be looking for fruit.... He won't find any in our kitchen unless it's baked into a pie......

I suspect it won't last long....

Happy birthday, if it's yours and happy leap day otherwise!

-OA-

No comments:

Post a Comment