Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cooking with Gas

Hey Mrs. B!

So, this weekend, we had guests and whenever we have guests I try to take the opportunity to make something new for dessert. I was super pleased with the outcome of this:
This was SOOO good. And it even managed to look like the picture in the magazine!
Fine Cooking = Food Heaven

Today, though, I'm going to get out the stand-by cookbooks again to get something together to welcome my sister to the area. 

I just wanted to share.

Cheers!
-OA-

PS: If you want the recipe - it's here: Gingerbread-Brandy Trifle. YUM!
-OA-

2 comments:

  1. Drool! I don't even like trifle very much and I'm drooling. That looks delicious. What recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was called a "Gingerbread-Brandy Trifle" and I found it in Fine Cooking. My SO gets it and I scan through for tasty treats. My realm is Desserts and Breads. I've put the link at the bottom of the post, if you're interested. It was SOOO good, and heavy, but not in a typically pudding-y, custard-y way. (Of course the weight in my stomach could have also been the copious amounts of cheese and potatoes... I think that's the preferred excuse.... ;) )

    ReplyDelete