Sunday, September 9, 2012

Old Books, New Me

Hey Mrs. B.,

Back when we moved, I found several boxes worth of books that I couldn't remember what I thought of them. Several, I couldn't even remember what had happened in them. So, I'm giving myself a challenge through the end of the year: Re-read, remember, and share as many as possible. 

This weekend, I re-read Rebecca York's Midnight Kiss.

I couldn't remember anything about it, going in. I had a few guesses about the ending but I was happily surprised to realize that I didn't actually know. 

This book brings an author and a film maker together to bring his book to life, but disasters plague the set and the cast as someone claiming to be the antagonist in the movie starts terrorizing the director, a game that proves deadly.

Some of the prose choices were not ones I would have made, but all in all, it's a good story, one that's held up well. I like the characters: the wounded hero and heroine that come together in the face of adversity. They make me smile and their relationship feels genuine. And don't you want some purple prose in a romance novel?

I think this one is going to be a keeper.

Much love,
Odd

No comments:

Post a Comment