Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Tail of Normandillo - Part 1

Hi Mrs. B,

I'm interrupting our usual programming to introduce you to a new friend of mine.

His name is -- I think -- Normand. Normandillo.

He speaks with something of a Cajun accent despite being from Texas, so it was a little hard at first to understand who was Normand and who was Armand but after several iterations and perhaps a leeetle bit of alcohol, we seem to have come to an understanding. And perhaps a theme song.

Yes, a theme song, which I will attempt to post here at a later time. ;)

This is Genn. She told me, "You have to bring this guy home, Odd.
He looks like he could use a friend."
Normand came to find me on the trip I took in June to NYC. Friends of mine were in the area for a limited time only, having just made a swing through Texas. We got together, had a great couple of days, and spent the last few hours basking in the glory of the Met, when up truddles this wee little armadillo.

"I could take over Manhattan, but I have a feeling you might be up for an adventure...."
Imagine my surprise when he says he wants to come home with me.

"Hurray! The train! I wonder what wonders we'll see from here...?"
More on the Normandillo adventures soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment