Saturday, March 10, 2012

If That Mockingbird Don't Sing....

Hey Mrs. B.,

I finished Mockingjay this week and my head's still spinning.


And to be honest the one thing that kept playing over and over in my head was this:

I'm pretty sure that the first time I'd seen this video was recently after hearing it on the radio again and finding out that the title was NOT what I thought it was (mostly because I'm not sure about the business with little Timmy staring out the window with the creepy dolls in the background, although his visitor is scarily familiar) and it's not the image I get when I think about the song, but the lyrics are just about perfect for a dystopian novel like this. If I ever write one (probably not, even though I love reading them almost as much as I love ghost stories), consider it on my playlist.

Also wonderful for this book (and probably getting equal earworm time after my good friend first sent me the song through iTunes and then sent on the link for this after seeing it on Sarah Raymond-Cook's blog) is this:



...which was the intent, since it's one of the songs for the new Hunger Games movies.

And after finishing Mockingjay BAWLING (I get attached, Mrs. B. You know that.) May I just say...

WOW.

There are other things I could say. I could analyze the crap out of it and the series, but you know what, I think some things are better left alone. For now. I'm still nursing my scars.

Much love,
-Odd

No comments:

Post a Comment